News

KItchen Fire
Friday, October 9, 2020

At 1555 hours on Firday 10/09/20 Station 14 and Engine 14-1 to a working kitchen fire. Occupant states she placed pizza boxes on top of ceramic top electric oven and left to run an errand. It appears she accidentally turned on a burner which ignited the carboard boxes. Her daughter was in another room and was alerted by a smoke detector. She called her family and 911, deployed a portable fire extinguisher and exited the residence with pets. 14-1 arrived and deployed a 200' 1 3/4" attack line and a PW extinguisher and a TIC. They extinguished the remaining fire and found some extension into the wall. The stove was removed, the wall was open and remaining fire extinguished. Positive Pressure Ventilation was used to removed heavy smoke from first floor. No other service and the residence was released to the home owner.


Views: 4

Views: 4

Views: 5

Views: 6

Views: 6

Views: 10

Views: 8

Views: 5

Views: 4

Views: 4

Views: 2